Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My second blog

I accidentally hit enter on my first blog and it was posted before I could actually write anything. I'm glad it's over. It feels like an incredible burden was lifted off my shoulders. Now I can really get down to the nitty gritty.

I don't know why I wanted to start blogging now...

A few days ago I had this strong urge to express myself in a way I never have before. I needed an outlet. Some way to vent all of the crap that gets jammed up inside my head. I thought "I'll start a blog." So what did I do? Went straight home, got on my computer, checked my email and went to bed.

A few days later, my girlfriend said she was going to start blogging. Again. She's a recovering addict (from blogging not bad stuff.) So I decided that that was a good enough sign for me. I created my own blog as well.

Here are a list of problems that have arisen since the creation of my blog: television, writer's block, the only person who is going to read this is my girlfriend, television, broken water pipes, work, procrastination, sporadic apathy and accidentally hitting Enter instead of Tab (possible Freudian slip.)

But I shall overcome this obstakles. I forgot to add that I'm a bad speller and that I have a bad memory to the list above.

Anyway, hopefully this will do somebody some good.




Song playing in my head: Tom Traubert's Blues (Four Sheets To The Wind In Copenhagen)
"...it's a battered old suitcase to a hotel someplace
And a wound that will never heal.
No prima donna, the perfume is on
An old shirt that is stained with blood and whiskey
And goodnight to the street sweepers,
The night watchman flame keepers,
And goodnight, Matilda, too."


Editor's note: I hate using "that that" when writing and hate to read it even more. You just feel awkward and dirty afterwards. Sorry. It will probably never happen again.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree... I felt dirty and awkward after reading "that that". Thank God for plumbers and turnip greens.

    ReplyDelete