Friday, February 6, 2009

I had a Great Uncle die today. I'm not sure if I handle death well or not; seeing as how I've never had anyone really close to me die. I guess that could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it.


I'm normally quiet at funerals. I try not to say much to the person(s) closest to the departed. I figure they don't want to hear the same stuff over and over again. "They're in a better place" or "If you need anything call me." In my mind that kinda generic stuff would go in one ear and out the other anyway.



So you what do ya do?



I'll tell ya what I do. Show up, shut up and "Hug it out, bitch."

I'm a hugger. I think it speaks more than anything else I could say.



Sooner or later I'm going to have to deal with this on the other side but hopefully not for a long time. I assume I'll either handle it the same way or be an emotional disaster.



And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment