Sunday, March 20, 2011

American Gothic

So, I'm going to Chicago this week. It's kind of a big deal. I've never crossed the Mason Dixon Line before. The weather here in South Carolina just reached the 80's. It has been amazing. The highs in Chicago don't reach 40 degrees. Hopefully it will nice enough to walk around.
Sheila has been there once before and she sent me this picture.
It is entitled God Bless America by J Seward Johnson Jr.
Here is a pic of the models standing by the original artwork. The "farmer" looks even grumpier in real life than in the painting. He was actually Grant Wood's dentist. I tried to find the version of the picture that Pee Wee Herman had in his playhouse but I could find it anywhere. I did however find these that made me laugh:









No comments:

Post a Comment