Sunday, March 20, 2011

New favorite

I stumble across this artist today and I've yet to find anything about his work that I don't love. His name is John Kenn and he is from Denmark. He writes and directs childrens shows but what is awesome is his drawings. They are done on Post-It Notes. They remind me of creepy version of Where the Wild Things Are. Some of them have a Shadow of the Colossus feel (it's a great PS2 game for those who don't know) because many of them have giant earthy creatures blending or becoming apart of their surroundings.


These remind me of Nosferatus





and this one reminds me of that creepy girl from The Ring



I have to stop myself from posting every picture on his site cause I fricken love all of 'em. Anyway, if you like these check out Mr. Kenn's site http://johnkenn.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-post_20.html.

/*******************************************************************************/

I also found this site not to long ago http://southernshelter.com/. It has live recordings for shows that can downloaded for free. The ones that I have downloaded have all been at The 40 Watt in Athens, GA. The site has a couple of musicians that I'm really into like Drive-By Truckers, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Wilco and Explosions in the Sky. The main reason I really like it is because it has solo performances from Mike Cooley and Patterson Hood from the Drive-By Truckers. There are is a plethora* of other artists I've never heard of but you may like, plus its free!

*Yes I learned the word plethora from The Three Amigos. "I would not like to think that a person would tell someone that he has a plethora and find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora." Classic, I need to watch that movie again soon. If you have never seen it, click the link and check out the clip. It only gets funnier.

/*******************************************************************************/
One last thing before I forget. I found this incredibly funny.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment